If you are a strong swimmer and enjoy helping others, working as a lifeguard could be the perfect job for you!!
Goldsworth Primary School is currently looking for exceptional people to join our team. We need dedicated people to deliver a great service. Your responsibilities will include:
- Supervising the customers in the pool
- Keeping people safe
- Deal with customer comments and complaints
- Maintaining a clean and safe environment
Hours: Most Saturday afternoons, but will be on a rota. Frequency depends on how many lifeguards we have. You will be required to attend monthly CPD training, usually held on the 1st Wednesday of each month for 2 hrs.
Salary : £8.16 per hour
You will either have an NPLQ qualification or be willing to train for your RLSS Pool Lifeguard qualification. Where training is required, and for the right candidate, Goldsworth Primary School may contribute towards the cost of the training (terms and conditions apply). You will ideally also have GCSE’s including Maths and English.
Requirements for the NPLQ Qualification
- You must be 16+ years of age
- You must be able to jump / dive into deep water, swim 50 metres in less than 60 seconds, swim 100 metres continuously on front and back in deep water, tread water for 30 seconds, surface dive to the floor of the pool and climb out unaided without a ladder / steps and where the pool design permits.
Goldsworth Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.
If you are interested, or know of anyone meeting this criteria, please contact Lorraine Mills or Tracy Hampton via the School Office.